Date(s) - 13/11/2018
DJB Instruments continues its Autumn season of training events by teaming up with Prosig for a new training opportunity.
The two manufacturers of test and measurement equipment have combined their training activities to offer customers a complete overview from sensors to data acquisition and analysis.
A seamless integration covering the finer details to ensure all users can maximise their data quality and improve their analysis using the correct techniques for each application.
“Accelerometers through to Data Capture and Analysis…The Complete Solution”
DJB will kick start the days training covering all aspects relating to accelerometers. Lunch and refreshments will be served with Prosig then completing the day covering data capture and analysis.
• Principles of operation – Piezoelectric effect, materials used
• Accelerometer types and correct selection – Construction, charge output, IEPE, temperature effects, mass loading, sensitivity, common problems, pros and cons.
• Importance of correct cable use – low noise or non-low noise, what happens if you get it wrong, signal loss, tribo-electric noise, cable fixing, connectors,
• Mounting methods and which to use – stud, wax, adhesive, magnets, tape, which and why, isolation, ground loops
• Associated instrumentation – Charge amplifiers, IEPE voltage conditioning, data acquisition
What are the four fundamental questions of vibration, measurement and analysis?
• Sampling Analogue Signals – How fast should we sample? What is frequency? How do we quantify if the data has been sampled adequately? What is aliasing?
• Time Domain Analysis – Signal classification, statistical description, moments & standardised moments.
• Frequency Domain Analysis – What’s Fourier got to do with it? And Buzz Lightyear? Frequency aliasing and digital filtering.
• Angle Domain Analysis – Signal averaging, cyclic signals, DFT/FFT of angle/revolution data.
For further information and to book a place, please contact DJB Instruments