MCOSMOS software from Mitutoyo for coordinate measuring machines gains enhancements and additional product support.
Mitutoyo America has released MCOSMOS V4.2 metrology software for Mitutoyo coordinate measuring machines. MCOSMOS by Mitutoyo is a proprietary metrology suite of inter-related modules and dedicated expansion modules for Microsoft Windows.
MCOSMOS allows integration among a series of applications, improving the efficiency of your CMM and the productivity of quality control functions. Specific expansion modules are available dedicated to GEOPAK or for specific applications such as GEAR measurement, aerofoil analysis, reverse engineering and integrating CAD with metrology.
MCOSMOS v4.2 highlights include:
* Enhanced hole shape measurement for sheet metal
* Enhanced measuring tools for QVP optical probe system with VISIONPAK-PRO
* Enhanced 3D scanning with nominal data or active 3D scanning
* Support for Renishaw SP25 stylus holders SH25-2A/3A/4A and Renishaw MRS2 rack systems
* Extended functionality of cone and cylinder intersection with surfaces
* Gauss filter improvement for automatic circle scanning with 5 different UPR values per DIN ISO 12181
* Universal CMM Designer – added custom CMM definition with user-defined axis orientation for XYZ
* Enhanced view tool for large number of measurement points displayed on the CAD model